A beautiful natural smile can be created with dental tooth bonding. Dental bonding is an alternative to dental teeth veneers and can be used as a restorative procedure for teeth that are decayed, chipped, cracked, discolored or slightly crooked teeth.
How does dental bonding work?
The tooth is prepared for dental bonding by lightly etching the surface and applying a bonding liquid. Once the liquid sets, a plastic resin is applied and sculpted into the desired shape by the dentist. Once set, the resin is trimmed, smoothed and polished to a natural appearance.
The steps in a dental bonding procedure are as follows:
- A shade guide is used to select the perfect dental bonding material color for your teeth
- If necessary, your natural teeth are painlessly prepared for the bonding material
- Each tooth that is receiving a dental bonding is then coated with a conditioning material
- The dental bonding resin is applied to achieve natural appearance in multiple layers and artfully sculpted by Dr. Burgmeier
- The bonding resin is hardened in place with a special curing light
- Reshaping and polishing of the bonded material are performed
Considerations for Dental Bonding
Dental bonding procedures are often be completed in a single office visit, and can improve the appearance of a tooth significantly. Please call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Burgmeier to discuss creating the smile you have always wanted.